- Featured in Cynthia Barnett's book "Rain: A Natural And Cultural History", The Atlantic's article "Making Perfume From The Rain", Hindustan Times's article "That Lush Smell Of The First Rain,Trapped In A bottle", Indian Express "Petrichor with love".
- 5-star reviews by Top Amazon Reviewers.
- An excellent massage oil, great for your skin. It is NOT A SPRAY PERFUME.
- ANTIDEPRESSANT: Provides immense relief from the stress and nervous tension. AROMATHERAPY & HEALING PROPERTIES - Great for aromatherapy and relaxation. Can alleviate your mood and reduce the ill-effects of depression.
- Sku ARM-26
- Categories Natural Attars
As the first drops of rain strike the ground, the earth awakens and breathes forth a wonderful aroma. That's the fragrance of Mitti Attar! It is obtained by hydro distillation(traditional deg bhapka process) of baked clay and the process takes almost a month. This method is said to be almost 5000 years old and there has been no change in the process since then. Reports suggest this is the same process which was used during the Indus Valley Civilization. Smelling mitti attar really helps a lot in alleviating mood and reduces the ill-effects of depression too. Color: Colorless to light yellow. IMPORTANT: Soil being its main ingredient, odor of mitti attar depends a lot on climatic and geographical conditions. In rainy season or during cloudy days, it is really difficult to get the right fragrance out of it. Also, depending on the soil type, the scent produced while raining could be slightly different in different regions. Like in desert areas.